This morning Charles Djou will announce his candidacy for mayor. I support him and I urge you to support him for the following reasons:
- The Mayor’s office is non-partisan;
- Djou is honest and trustworthy;
- He is experienced: 7 years as a city councilman, 4 years as a legislator and one year as a us congressman;
- He is a Lt. Colonel in the US Army Reserve, having served one tour in Afghanistan;
- He was one of two council members who opposed the rail project;
- He is a graduate of USC School of Law, Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania and Punahou school.
- He will seek ways to curb the skyrocketing costs of the rail project and will consider alternatives such as the middle street compromise.
- He will move promptly to find ways to alleviate the city’s growing homeless problem;
- Unlike Mayor Caldwell, Djou is not beholden to labor unions, real estate developers and other special interests groups.
- He will tell it like it is and will not mislead you as Mayor Caldwell has done to the public and the legislature.
- Currently, he is the front runner in the polls taken by the Mayor and council Ernie Martin;
- He is trusted by and will have the support of key City Council members such as councilwoman Ann Kobayashi and Council Chair Ernie Martin.
Former Governor, State of Hawaii